The deep sea gold rush is a ‘game changer’
After years of negotiations and false starts deep sea mining is close to a commercial breakthroughRead more here
Working in partnership with island nations
Understanding the direction of key regulators and the needs of island nations through framework agreementsSecure your place
Achieving sustainable seabed mining projects with an integrated approach
Learn how to achieve sustainable seabed mining projects in harmony with natureView the latest program
Expert speakers to date
- Alina Stadnitskaia
- Daniel Brutto
MES [Gardline Group]
- Dr James Hein
U.S. Geological Survey
- Sandor Mulsow
International Seabed Authority [ISA]
- Dr Samantha Smith
Nautilus Minerals Inc
- William Senke
Lockheed Martin USA
- Dr Philomène Verlaan
International Marine Minerals Society [IMMS]
- Tracy Shimmield
- Hannah Lily
Secretariat of Pacific Community [SOPAC]
- Joshua Brien
- Paul Lynch
Cook Islands Seabed Minerals Authority
- Nick Ridley
- Justin Manley
- Liu Shaojun [CSU]
- Paul Holthus
World Ocean Council
- Wylie Spicer Q.C.
Norton Rose Fulbright
- Prof. David Cronan
Imperial College London
- Dr. Daniel Jones
- Richard Williams
- Terje Thorsnes
- Roland Berndt
Nautilus Minerals Inc
- Rudy Helmons
- Fernando Barriga
- Sudheer Chand
- Jan van Dalfsen
- Dai Yu
- Geoffroy Lamarche
NIWA, New Zealand
Who should attend
This event is aimed at solution providers, upcoming deep sea miners, members from the scientific community, and those within the investment market wanting to learn more about the opportunities within this emerging marketplace....view more...
The Asia-Pacific Deep Sea Mining Summit 2016 is the only event of its kind to deliver leading market intelligence and industry presentations on the latest deep sea mining advancements...view more...
Subscribe for updates:
Key topics for 2016:
- The economic landscape and drivers for growth in deep sea mining
Understand the key market drivers and growth prospects for the near term. Where are the opportunities?
- Achieving sustainable seabed mining projects in harmony with nature
Hear from frontline deep sea ecological experts on the latest techniques to build an environmental impact assessment plan
- New exploration and mining projects underway, the latest frontline feedback
Explore new areas of economic value and be the first to hear about the latest methods and results from commercial activities
- Regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules
Discover the hottest regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules from our geological experts
- Working with nations through a regulatory framework, the opportunities and risks
Hear from key regulators and develop a cohesive plan to work with the International Seabed Authority and individual nations through the regulatory challenges
- New technological developments associated with commercialising deep sea mining
Be at the cutting edge of technological developments for deep sea mining and explore diversification opportunities for existing companies involved in subsea applications
- The event provided a high quality agenda and set of speakers for this important, emerging industry.
Paul Holthus, World Ocean Council
- A very informative summit, addressing novel technical approaches for exploration and monitoring of deep sea mining. The emphasis on environmental responsibility was very encouraging.
Richard Davies, Fugro
- Deep sea mining is together with shale fuel the most interesting and ground breaking growth industry in the next 25 years- and the yearly deep sea mining summit is a key forum to attend.
Peter Jantzen, Wartsila
- The event brought together a wide spectrum of industry players and the associated flow of an organisations to provide an up to date window into a new developing industry.
Rick Phipps, Seas Offshore
- Excellent conference, great to have key industry players in one room.
Mark Brown, Minister of Minerals and Natural Resources, Cook Islands
- The presentations were very relevant to our current issues and I found the conference very useful both technically and socially.
Robert Goodden, Subsea minerals
- The organisers have done a fantastic job interacting together a complementary set of subject relevant to the development of the deep sea mining section.
John Macdonald, SAMS Research Services [SRSL]
- A crosscutting gathering of ocean mining stakeholders from industry, government, scientific and regulatory communities.
William Senke, Lockheed Martin