Agenda coming soon...
If you would like to be a speaker at this event, please contact sean.collins@iQ-Hub.com, subject heading “Call for Presentation”.
- Achieving Sustainability
- Technical Knowhow
- Economic Landscape
- Frameworks and Guidelines
- Technological Developments
- The dual need to protect ocean health and biodiversity while, concurrently, tapping more of the Ocean's Resources
- Development of a balanced and consistent regulatory framework in a fracturing Geopolitical environment
- The roles and responsibilities of the seabed mining industry itself in earning the license to operate
United Nations Global Compact
- Environmental effects associated with deep sea mining - facts and fantasy
- Designing environmental monitoring programs - challenges and drivers
Hydrobiology and Greencorp LLC
- Prospects for deep-sea mining as a future offshore industry
- Analysis of the commercial, operational and technical viability of deep-sea mining of seafloor massive sulphide deposits
- Strategies for positioning of a deep-sea mining venture within mining and metal production and discuss whether such a venture should be vertically integrated.
Ulstein International AS
- DSM project requirements and technology optimization
- Customized cost effective solutions
SeaTech Solutions International (S) Pte Ltd
- New solutions in real time that allow heavy construction equipment operated real time
- Introduction of high tech solutions for the heavy equipment manufacturers and operators
- Multiple solutions to subsea construction and mining
- How sustainable can mining be?
- New player in the market
- The need for underwater positioning solution which is easy to use keeping the complexity and leaving the user to interface
- Introducing the CANOPUS system from its origin, its benefits in terms of ease of operations, safety of deployment, and time saving
iXblue Pte Ltd
- Emerging World Resource – Our Oceans
- Past Project Systems and Deep Sea Mooring Lines Deployments for Industry and Research
Aanderaa (Xylem Analytics)
- The new Norwegian law on marine mineral extraction was put into force on July 1, 2019
- Several new exploration and research surveys have been performed on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Economic feasibility of deep sea mining of polymetallic nodules which looks at the involvement of the State and critically examines the regulatory framework for deep sea mining
Government of India - Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Intention behind the legislation - what the mining code says
- Comparing the mining codes with the rules relating to activities in various EEZs of different countries
- How earnings and taxation are dealt with
Penningtons Manches Cooper Singapore LLP
- How is oceans policy currently being developed - BBNJ, ISA, and MPAs
- What is the future of global oceans policy?
- How can mining company’s influence policy direction?
- Why it’s important that industry is involved and participates in international regulatory development
Opes Oceani LLC
- To what extent, and with which rules, can a mining company be forced to adhere to environment friendly and sustainable methods when extracting ocean floor minerals.
- Consideration of the emerging ISA exploitation rules
- Current Status of the International Regulatory Framework (UNCLOS, 1994 Implementation Agreement, ITLOS 2011 Advisory Opinion,Exploration Regulations, Draft Exploitation Regulations)
- National Legislation: Common Grounds and Peculiarities, Advantages and Disadvantages, Way Forward
International and Comparative Law Research Center
Key topics for 2020:
- The economic landscape and drivers for growth in deep sea mining.
Understand the key market drivers and growth prospects for the near term. Where are the opportunities?
- Achieving sustainable seabed mining projects in harmony with nature
Hear from frontline deep sea ecological experts on the latest techniques to build an environmental impact assessment plan
- The status of prospecting and exploration, the latest methods and results
Explore new areas of economic value and be the first to hear about the latest methods and results from prospecting and exploration activities
- Regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules
Discover the hottest regional opportunities to harvest Seafloor Massive Sulphides and Manganese Nodules from geological experts
- Working with nations through a regulatory framework, the opportunities and risks
Hear from key regulators and develop a cohesive plan to work with the International Seabed Authority and individual nations through the regulatory challenges
- Technological developments associated with commercialising Deep sea mining
Be at the cutting edge of technological developments for deep sea mining and explore diversification opportunities for existing companies involved in offshore applications
- A crosscutting gathering of ocean mining stakeholders from industry, government, scientific and regulatory communities.
William Senke, Lockheed Martin
- The event provided a high quality agenda and set of speakers for this important, emerging industry.
Paul Holthus, World Ocean Council
- A very informative summit, addressing novel technical approaches for exploration and monitoring of deep sea mining. The emphasis on environmental responsibility was very encouraging.
Richard Davies, Fugro
- Deep sea mining is together with shale fuel the most interesting and ground breaking growth industry in the next 25 years- and the yearly deep sea mining summit is a key forum to attend.
Peter Jantzen, Wartsila
- The event brought together a wide spectrum of industry players and the associated flow of an organisations to provide an up to date window into a new developing industry.
Rick Phipps, Seas Offshore
- Excellent conference, great to have key industry players in one room.
Mark Brown, Minister of Minerals and Natural Resources, Cook Islands
- The presentations were very relevant to our current issues and I found the conference very useful both technically and socially.
Robert Goodden, Subsea minerals
- The organisers have done a fantastic job interacting together a complementary set of subject relevant to the development of the deep sea mining section.
John Macdonald, SAMS Research Services [SRSL]
Join us as a sponsor for this IQ International conference! Reach your target audience, limit competitor influence at the conference and become a keynote speaker, while sharing your company's solutions for this industry.
- Get registration discounts
- Enhance your brand awareness
- Additional marketing opportunities